Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Rosemary Biscotti


I made this recipe for the County Fair, and I won 3rd place!!! I also entered my brownies recipe and that won 2nd place!!! The browine recipe was posted Aug 15th.

Here is the recipe for the biscotti!!!
Ingredients
1/2 cup butter

3 eggs

3/4 cup sugar

1 tsp vanilla

3 1/2 cups flour

1 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

2 1/2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary

3/4 cup dried currants (these are small seedless raisins)

I could not find currants so I used raisins instead.
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 F.

Beat butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs, sugar, rosemary, and vanilla. Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix in currants.

Cut dough in half and mold each half into “logs”. They should be about a foot long and an inch high. Bake for 35 minutes and let cool. Cut into slices. Bake 7-8 minutes on each side.

2 comments:

-Melissa- said...

Way to go! I will have to try the Rosemary Biscotti. It looks and sounds really yummy.

hoLLy said...

Congrats on the award! Thats awesome. These sound divine. I love Biscotti!!