Monday, December 14, 2009

Toffee Bars

My friend, Jennifer Fry, gave me this DELICIOUS and EASY recipe last week. I've already made 3 pans of them in the past few days(part of my neighbor/friend drop off plates). I took them to a get-together last night and everyone was asking me how to make them. Try them, I guarantee you'll love them! :)

1 sleeve Club crackers
2 sticks better, melted (salted butter)
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/8 t. baking soda
12 oz. bag of milk chocolate chips

Line a 10x15 pan with crackers. In a sauce pan, melt butter, add sugar and soda. Stir until completely combined. Pour gently over crackers and spread evenly. Bake at 350 for 7 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately pour choc. chips over pan. Let stand about 2-3 minutes, then spread chocolate evenly over other mixture. Put in freezer until set. Twist pan to break loose and then break into pieces. Keep covered in refrigerator.

1 comment:

-Melissa- said...

I made these the other day. They were very easy to make and yummy.