Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Never Fail Sugar Cookies

Ingredients:
4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup of milk
1 cup shortening

Sift flour, baking powder, and salt. Cut shortening
into flour mixture. Add sugar, eggs, baking soda, vanilla,
and milk to flour mixture. Chill dough before cutting into
shapes. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
Frosting:
1 stick of soft butter
powdered sugar
milk
1 tsp. vanilla
I just add a little bit of powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk
to the softened butter. I just play with it until I get the
thickness I want.

5 comments:

hoLLy said...

thanks melissa! i know you posted that for me. now...i need the frosting recipe:) yours tasted better than mine i make.

-Melissa- said...

I just need to figure out how to post the frosting recipe. I can just add a few ingredients together and play around to make it how I like it. I will do this soon.

hoLLy said...

wow, no recipe needed! you just throw stuff together! you ARE a chef! my icing has like milk, powdered sugar, butter and vanilla. its always a little on the runny side. tastes alright though.

cinda1212 said...

you guys MAKE your own frosting? I'm way out of my league here... :)

hoLLy said...

i only do sometimes:)