Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Paula Deen's Symphony Brownies

OK, I guess by now y'all know that I love Paula Deen! So I had company over for dinner last night and I made these brownies. They were a huge hit. They are yummy warm and gooey served with French Vanilla Ice cream. We let ours cool so it would set and then we cut them into 2x2 inch squares and heated each square in the microwave for 10 seconds. We served with French Vanilla ice cream. I wish I had taken a picture, but by the time I thought about it, they were gone. I'm not even a big fan of nuts in my brownies, but these are amazing!

Ingredients:
One 17.6-ounce package brownie mix with walnuts
Three 5-ounce Symphony candy bars with almonds and toffee chips

Prepare the brownie mix according to package directions. Line a 13x9 in cake pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Spoon in half of the brownie batter and smooth with a spatula. Place the candy bars side by side on top of the batter. Cover with remaining batter. Bake according to package directions. Let cool completely, then lift from the pan using the edges of the foil. This makes it easy to cut the brownies into squares.

2 comments:

-Melissa- said...

Yummy!! We love brownies at our house. Thanks

hoLLy said...

i love paula deen too-she is da bomb! these brownies sound scrumdiddlyumcious!

also, thanks for calling me yesterday!! i loved the topic of conversation. it was fun. (wink wink) call me next month if you end up having some news:)